Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Republic By Any Other Name....


So, a long, slow, and nasty period here at The Republic appears to be fading. A time most obviously associated with a profound lack of writing, and finally taken to the logic conclusion of blog neglect: I forgot The Republic's password. Please hold your chuckles till the end.

Of course, I never intended to abandon this little corner of the Ether. In fact, I've spent a good deal of time over the last month or so playing around with the various passwords I have used for both this blog and my Gmail account (also forgotten).

But today I had an epiphany, which often happens if I let something rot in my brain-bucket long enough. So here we are again, you and I, and The Republic. I aim to do some serious writing on here. Sometimes daily little observations, sometimes big pieces.

Thanks to those of you who have not forgotten this place, and have continues to check in over the last couple months. I wish the interwebs were a different place, one where I could explain the reasons behind my prolonged neglect. But it is not. Suffice it to say, those of you, who like I, are fathers and husbands would understand completely. Of that I assure you.

Now, there is much to be done.

Tuebor,
Philo

5 comments: