Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hot Damn!



I just noticed that Philo's Restore the Republic hit another milestone: 3,000 hits. That's not much by most folk's standards, but it's cool to me. I've really enjoyed having a place where I can say my piece, a virtual soapbox, and the connections said soapbox has provided. There's something very gratifying about being able to speak openly and freely, and in a medium that allows you to communicate with people around the world. (Now, if I can just get a couple resident trolls, I'll know I've hit the big leagues...)

I think now more than ever it is important for people to stand up and speak loudly, clearly, and forcibly if necessary, about how unique and wonderful our Republic is. We need to do so on the interwebs, at our jobs, with our friends and neighbors. This generation is starting to realize what happens when we stop having that conversation, the chaos and misery that apathy and complacency brings. For far too long this conversation has been dominated by a very vocal minority of leftist ideologues and their sycophants in the popular media. (It's little wonder why they are so hell bent on clamping down on the interwebs..) So lets all say it together, real loud, over and over again:

America! Fuck Yeah!

Thanx to those of you who have visited, and a big hat-tip to those of you who visit frequently and add your own perspective to RtR. I'm talking to you Deiterle, my good friend The Duke, and those of you whom I know visit here often, haven't commented yet, but hopefully will introduce yourselves in the future.

~TUEBOR~
Philo

3 comments:

  1. Congrats bro! Pretty cool huh?

    Yeah, I hear you, you get lots of visitors but only a handful leave comments.If they said "hi" that would be cool, but if they gave their opinion, that would be even better.

    You are right, every healthy site needs a troll or two!

    Thanks bro, keep up the good work!
    God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not attracting angry and frustrated trolls, you're doing it wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Duke: Heh heh heh apparently, I'm not doing it right.

    Of course the trolls seem to be pretty busy on the facebook pages of the republican politicians.

    I don't know if you guys use any kind of social media, like facebook, but if you do you should really check out some of the republican pages. At least a ten-fold increase in lefty trolls over the last month. Gonna be a H-O-T summer! LOL

    @Dieterle:
    No where near as cool as yours bud. I see lots of new comments over at your place. You must be traveling in the right circles. :) Keep up the good work yourself. We have lots of conversations about the things you're posting over there.

    ReplyDelete