Thursday, October 22, 2009

John Stewarts Still A Tool

Last night I did something I haven't done in a long, long time. I sat through an entire episode of the "Jon Stewart Show". Now to be honest, I only did it because I was waiting for the new South Park to come on, and I've been feeling a little under the weather so I was too lazy to get up and switch stations.

My conclusion:

Jon Stewart is still a tool. Not really any funny stuff there. Stewart has gone the way of Family Guy and other shows I used to get a laugh out of. Now I like a god Bush/republican/conservative joke as much as the next guy. But FFS, if that's all you have, all you use for the last couple years, then maybe it's time to get new writers. Or find a new job. Either way, I'm not tuning in anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I have a $2500 Plasma HDTV w/ Surround Sound Home Theater that rarely gets turned on unless it's NCIS on USA or a DVD.

    It's like the Springsteen song, I got 357 channels and there ain't nothing on...

    ...worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Brother, ain't that the truth. After paying out the wazoo for HD cable feed for my 1080P 36' inch flat screen I came to the conclusion that I really only watched FOX news anyways. With the exception of a special on the history channel or PBS once in a great while. Now I watch that for free online and save the cable TV money.

    It's kida a sad testiment to what once was, my pretty flat screen. It's just a giant black square on my wall now, except when the kids fire up Halo or some such thing on it. Such is life.....
    Such is life...

    ReplyDelete